Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Six Months Sober

Hello friends!

As of today, June 25th, I have been sober for six months. That's right, half a year. The last time I had a drink was Christmas Eve of last year.

I am so proud of myself!

I've had a couple of abortive attempts at sobriety that lasted a month or two at best, but this time I managed to make it stick. I suppose the motivation finally kicked in - I guess I realized fully how serious my drinking had gotten and that it, indeed, could end up costing me my kids - if not my own life.

But let's not dwell on the negatives. This is a time to celebrate! I decided to paint a butterfly, nature's symbol of metamorphosis and progress:


It's not finished yet but you get the idea. I'll post the final painting when it's done (probably sometime this weekend).

How about you? What milestones are you celebrating in your life?

Please share!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment