Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Just Plain Chicken

Yesterday morning I got up at about 8am (yarg) to get ready for my 9:00 doctor's appointment. The appointment went well, though my doctor said my labs indicated I had an underactive thyroid. I'm not sure what the ramifications are for something like that, but he said to talk to my family doctor (this was my psych doctor). I guess we'll find out sooner or later. Afterwards I headed over to Half Price Books again with a couple of books to sell. I got eight bucks for 'em (hey, not bad). Then I went back home, did a load of laundry, and napped.

I was putting my clothes away when it hit me...

The craving...

You see, I've recently become addicted to Hardee's Bacon & Swiss Big Chicken Fillet. This is, hands down, the best chicken sandwich I've ever had. It totally blows Chick-Fil-A out of the water. Lightly breaded, it's super tender and is dressed with mayo, tomato, swiss cheese and bacon. The thing is incredible.

And I knew I had to have one.

I headed over to Hobby Lobby first to quickly grab a couple of canvases (canvii?), then I drove to Hardee's. I ordered the sandwich in a combo with some curly fries and jetted back home. I set up my lunch at the computer desk and let the chickeny amazingness consume my senses while I googled some pictures of butterflies.

Satisfied, I printed out a couple of butterfly pics and scribbled an outline of a butterfly on one of my canvases. I didn't want to actually start painting since I'd have to go to work in an hour, so I headed back to Half Price Books. I bought a book on Blender for seven bucks (all the cash I had) and headed to work. Five somewhat productive hours later, I headed back home to catch Letterman and Craig Ferguson before I went to bed.

But the taste of that miraculous sandwich still lingers. And I now find myself totally broke.

Will I be able to hold out until payday? Or will the craving for chicken drive me mad?

Time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment